Every business owner needs perspective. Input. Feedback. Suggestions. Other perspectives. Otherwise we’re just caught up in our own head, trying to solve all the problems in a vacuum.
Not having a good place to go for advice is a block to your business growth. As is not having anyone who can help get you unstuck when you feel like you don’t know what to do next.
There’s so much noise right now, especially on social media, about what you “should” be doing to grow your business.
It can feel like you’re being yanked this way and that way. And sometimes you may try some of that stuff because you just don’t know any better. That shitty advice or lack of a good place to go for advice is blocking your business from growth because it slows you down.
It puts you in the stuck spot of not knowing where to go next and not taking action. You know that place where you just don’t know quite what to do next.
It can also put you into a place where you’re trying all sorts of stuff and making mistakes and trying to learn – that slows you down.
So…how can you solve this?
1. Find a mentor. Someone who has gone through it before you. Someone who built the kind of business that you’re building. Mentors are a source of wisdom and teaching, but not someone who observes and advises on specific actions in your day-to-day. Think of them as a guide who can help you to see the destination, but doesn’t give you a detailed map to get there.
2. Join a professional organization and plug yourself into your peers. Think of this kind of advice and input as more generic, however, because you usually don’t have an opportunity to REALLY get to know the people in the organization unless you take it upon yourself to become close friends. However, you can get some good input here.
3. Hire a coach. A coach can give you advice and help you get unstuck, but it’s one person’s perspective which could be awesome if that’s what you’re looking for. That 1:1 advice and kick in the pants can be great.
4. Last, but (of course) not least, join a Kickass Mastermind Group. THIS is exactly what one of our groups is best at – getting you unstuck and giving you a wide variety of input so that you can choose what works best for you. It’s kind of like why would you settle for a single flavor of ice cream when you could have sample 8 different kinds and then choose the one you like best?
The advice and input you get in a Kickass Mastermind is powerful because it’s coming from people who have been there and done that. It’s not regurgitated from a book or a YouTube video. In fact, we have a rule that you can’t give second-hand advice. The people in your group are badass in their own right and will guide you from their own experience.
It’s coming from people who KNOW your business. They know what you’ve tried before. They know what you’re trying to accomplish big picture. They know what you love to do – and hate. They know your target market and your customer journey. They know you and your business so the advice they give isn’t going to be something that you’d never even consider
It’s coming from people who CARE about you. Yep, they actually give a shit about the result. Therefore, they’re much more invested in giving you great feedback and input. And they’ll follow up with you to see if you need anything else and to find out how it turned out. I can’t tell you how many times I see people reaching out inside of our groups and saying, Sso…how’d it turn out” or “Anything else I can do to help”
It’s coming from people that you trust. So if they give you some much-needed tough love or a push, you know that it’s coming from a place of genuine care and you’re much more able to receive that. And, I mean, who doesn’t need a kick in the booty occasionally.
At Kickass, we cureate a group of 7 or so ambitious, like-minded small business owners for you. They’ll be there for whatever it is you need input on – big or small. So that you can get some perspective and move on. There’s no need to do this alone and feel like you’re stuck.
If you don’t know exactly where to go or who to go to to get unstuck or receive immediate feedback, let us help. We are ready to match the next Kickass Mastermind Groups and applications are open right now through August 31, 2019. JoinKickass.com
Here's how Kickass Masterminds can help you grow your business:
2. To determine if you're ready for a mastermind and if this is the right time, take the quick and complimentary Mastermind Assessment. No opt-in required.
3. Get The Mastermind Directory for instant access to information about more than 50 business mastermind groups to find the one that’s the best fit for you.
4. Before you join any mastermind group, be sure you ask the right questions. Get the List of Questions to ask and save yourself a tremendous amount of time and money.