Want to earn money through affiliate marketing but don’t know where to begin? Check out these amazing affiliate marketing statistics that will help you understand everything related to affiliate marketing.
Affiliate marketing became a substantial source of earning back in the 90s, and since then, people have earned millions of dollars through it. Businesses have also started to earn substantial profits through affiliate marketing. That is why affiliate marketing is one of the most beneficial options to earn money online.
Back in the 90s, people didn’t have a clear strategy for affiliate marketing, but in today’s era, there is a lot of information available on the internet that can help you start your affiliate marketing-focused business within a few minutes. If you start a business purely focused on affiliate marketing today, then you won’t start earning from the next day, but if you keep working on it, then it will be fruitful in the future.
To help you know everything about affiliate marketing, I have brought you this post on affiliate marketing statistics.
Let’s get into all the details.
What Is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate Marketing is when brands work with affiliate marketers who promote their brand products. As the affiliate’s promotion leads to the sale the brand pays the affiliates.
The most common way to make money through affiliate marketing is blogging. If you have a WordPress blog you can easily monetize by writing about the product which is related to your content. When any visitor comes to your post clicks on your affiliate link and buys the product then you will get a commission.
General Affiliate Marketing Statistics
In this section, I will be covering general affiliate marketing statistics:
1. Search for keyword “Affiliate Marketing” has increased by 200% on Google since 2015
More and more people are starting their affiliate marketing journey daily, and according to Google Trends, the search for the keyword “Affiliate Marketing” has increased by 200% on Google.
2. Over 81% of businesses run their own affiliate programs
Businesses know the potential of running affiliate programs, and according to Mediakix, over 81% of businesses run their own affiliate programs.
3. Around 40% of the income of bloggers come through affiliate marketing in the US
In my blogging statistics post, I have mentioned that around 32 million bloggers are from the USA alone, and according to Awin Report, 40% of their income comes through affiliate marketing.
4. Over 85% of internet users search for product information on Google before purchasing it
There are billions of products available on the internet, including physical and digital products, and according to Kenshoo, over 85% of internet users search for product information before purchasing it.
5. On average, 53% of traffic comes through organic search
People believe in organic search more than ads because the sole purpose of an ad is to sell something but results that comes through organic search show only relevant information. That’s why according to BrightEdge, on average, 53% of traffic comes through organic search.
6. 40% of US firms use affiliate marketing as a client acquisition method
Businesses know the potential of affiliate marketing, and that’s why according to Backlinko, around 40% of US firms use affiliate marketing as a client acquisition method.
7. 40% of digital marketers say that affiliate marketing is a critical skill that everyone does not have.
Most digital marketers think that affiliate marketing is the most crucial skill that not everyone can possess.
8. Around 68% of affiliate marketers use social media for communication with their clients
Communication is the key to everything, and it can easily open a lot of doors opportunities for everyone. That’s why 68% of affiliate marketers communicate with their clients through social media.
9. 50% of traffic comes through mobile devices
Nowadays, almost everyone has mobile devices, and whenever they have a question, they can just search for it on Google. Call Hippo says around 50% of affiliate traffic comes through mobile devices.
10. Affiliate marketers use around 81.4% of services to advertise B2C services & products
There are many ways to advertise products to earn affiliate commissions. According to AffStat, affiliate marketers use around 81.4% of services for advertising B2C services & products.
11. 74% of internet users of US visit affiliate websites before purchasing anything
Nowadays, the market is saturated with affiliate websites, and for every product & service, people have used affiliate marketing to promote them. That’s why according to Worldwide CyberCash, 74% of internet users of the US visit affiliate websites before purchasing anything online.
12. Over 79% of businesses use affiliate marketing to engage their clients.
Businesses have realized they can not bring more and more people to purchase their products & services. They have to rely on affiliate marketing to get new clients. According to Get Cake, over 79% of businesses use affiliate marketing to engage their clients.
13. 65% of affiliate marketers use blogging as a medium to drive organic traffic
Blogging is one of the most important parts of affiliate marketing. According to Awin Report, 65% of affiliate marketers use blogging as a medium to drive organic traffic.
Affiliate Marketing Revenue Statistics
In this section, I will be sharing affiliate marketing revenue statistics:
14. 65% of businesses said that affiliate marketing increases their revenue by 20% every year
Affiliate marketing helps digital marketers & businesses in earning money. That’s why around 65% of businesses said that affiliate marketing increases their revenue by 20% every year.
15. 86% of publishers believe that their revenue will remain stable or increase in the future because of affiliate marketing
Businesses believe that to increase their revenue, and they have to rely on affiliate marketing now more than ever. That’s why, according to Fetch Profits, around 86% of publishers believe that their revenue will remain stable or increase in the near future, all because of affiliate marketing.
16. Around 35% of affiliate marketers generate around $20K yearly
Affiliate marketers have seen an increase in their revenue by applying effective affiliate marketing strategies. According to AffStat, around 35% of affiliate marketers generate around $20K yearly.
17. 73% of businesses say that affiliate marketing helped them in achieving their revenue goals
Businesses are generating a lot of revenue because of affiliate marketing. According to Fetch Profits, 73% of businesses say that their affiliate marketing strategies helped them achieve their revenue goals.
18. Only 9% of affiliate marketers earn $50K/year
Effective affiliate marketing strategies are helping affiliate marketers up to $50K every year. So what you’re waiting for! Start your journey to become part of that 9% of the audience.
Affiliate Marketing Industry Statistics
In this section, I will be covering affiliate marketing industry statistics:
19. 16% of orders on the internet come through the affiliate marketing sector
According to Uniqodo, the affiliate marketing sector is responsible for at least 16% of orders on the internet.
20. ShareASale controls over 55.7% of affiliate marketing business worldwide
ShareASale is one of the most trusted affiliate marketing networks, and according to Appsero, ShareASale controls over 55.7% of affiliate marketing businesses worldwide.
21. 94% of Publishers use multiple affiliate marketing networks to increase their revenue
Many affiliate marketers and publishers have been together on a single affiliate marketing network. But nowadays publishers use multiple affiliate marketing networks to reach the maximum number of affiliates. These affiliates will eventually allow them to reach their target audience.
22. Around 84% of publishers and 81% of digital marketers of the US use affiliate marketing
The affiliate marketing sector is quite popular in the US. That’s why according to Forrester, around 84% of publishers and 81% of digital marketers of Unites States use affiliate marketing to generate their revenue.
23. Over $6.4 billion in revenue was generated in 2019 through affiliate marketing
Affiliate marketing is one of the best techniques to increase your revenue. According to eMarketer, over $6.4 billion in revenue was generated in 2019 through affiliate marketing.
24. The E-commerce industry has earned around 16% of its total revenue through affiliate marketing worldwide
The E-commerce industry is also a profitable industry, and it also uses affiliate marketing strategies to generate more revenue. According to Fetch Profits, the e-commerce industry has earned 16% of its total revenue through affiliate marketing.
25. In 2022, the global affiliate marketing industry will be worth $12 billion
Affiliate marketing is a booming industry even in 2022, and it will be in the upcoming years. That’s why it is projected that the global affiliate marketing industry will be worth $12 billion in 2022.
26. The USA holds around 39% stake in the affiliate marketing sector worldwide
The most dominant country in the affiliate marketing sector is the United States of America. According to Software Locator, the USA alone holds around 39% stake in the affiliate marketing sector worldwide.
27. Top coupon affiliate websites have generated $1 billion+ in revenue
Whenever someone is about to purchase a digital or physical product, they search for a discount or coupon for it on Google, and they land on coupon affiliate websites. That’s why according to Statista, top coupon affiliate websites have generated $1 billion+ in revenue.
In-Depth Affiliate Marketing Statistics
In this section, I will be covering in-depth affiliate marketing statistics:
28. The affiliate marketing sector has seen an increase of 10% in revenue every year
The revenue of the affiliate marketing sector is increasing every year. The 10% increase in revenue has been seen in the affiliate marketing sector since 2015, and it is increasing at the same rate even in 2022. It is safe to believe that more agencies & experts will come to this industry in the near future.
29. 65% of CFOs have increased their investment in affiliate marketing amid this covid-19 pandemic
Affiliate marketing has been seeing an annual growth rate of 10% every year for seven years in a rate. In this covid-19 pandemic, affiliate marketing is the only sector that isn’t getting affected. That’s why around 65% of CFOs (Chief Financial Officers) have increased their investment in affiliate marketing.
30. According to the most recent data, around 80% of advertisers use affiliate marketing
The Rakuten Affiliate Network reports say that eight out of 10 businesses use affiliate marketing to increase their sales. Because of that, they are generating 20% of their total revenue through affiliate marketing.
31. Around 15% of all media profits are generated through affiliate marketing
Publishers are the critical component to funnel purchasing process, and that’s why they use advertisement as a medium to drive their sales. But businesses have found a better and less expensive way to generate profits, which is affiliate marketing.
32. Around 64.48% of affiliate marketers generate their affiliate commissions through blogging
There are various channels an affiliate marketer can use to earn an affiliate commission, and blogging is one of them. Around 70% of bloggers apply effective SEO techniques to drive more traffic to their affiliate websites. At the same time, around 68% of affiliate marketers use social media channels to earn affiliate commissions.
33. Digital Marketers use 59.32% B2C affiliate programs of all affiliate programs
B2C holds the most affiliate programs among all the affiliate programs worldwide. Digital marketers prefer B2C affiliate programs to promote products of other people. Only 22.08% of them use B2C campaigns for promotion.
34. Fashion industry has the most affiliate programs around 24%
The fashion industry is one of the largest industries in the world that’s why its affiliate programs account for 24% of the total affiliate programs from all around the world.
35. 76% of Content Marketers believe that because of affiliate marketing, monetization became really easy
Content marketing is also a big part of affiliate marketing because to run a blog; you need content. Monetization of your website gets really because of affiliate marketing. Over 45% of website owners believe that posting affiliate links on their blog posts do not affect the user experience.
36. Only 25% of affiliate marketers can quickly locate affiliate programs on a merchant’s website
To promote a product, you need to get affiliate approval from the merchant. But most affiliate marketers face difficulties in finding the affiliate programs on a merchant’s website.
37. Over 65% of marketers use social media platforms to find their potential customers
Everyone is using social media platforms these days, so there is no surprise that most affiliate marketers use social media marketing to find their potential customers.
38. An affiliate marketer can earn from $10K/year to $400K/year
Affiliate marketing is helping marketers in earning thousands of dollars every year. On average, an affiliate marketer can earn between $10K to $400K every year. Most successful affiliates are also making $1.5M every year.
39. 16% of eCommerce sales come through affiliate marketing in the US and Canada
US and Canada are the two leading countries where most of the eCommerce sales come through affiliate marketing only.
40. Amazon made a whopping $470 billion in revenue through affiliates in 2021
Affiliate programs are also a significant source of earnings for Amazon. In 2020, they made $386 billion in revenue via affiliate programs, and in 2021 this number increased by 22%.
41. The affiliate spending of the year 2022 will be around $8.2 billion in the US alone
Back in 2010, the affiliate marketing expenditure was around $1.6 billion, and the number has increased exponentially since then. In the year 2020, the expenditure was around $6.8 billion.
Affiliate Marketing Demographics Statistics
In this section, I will be covering affiliate marketing demographics statistics:
42. 35% of affiliate marketers are between the age of 35 to 44
Many affiliate marketers started in their 30s and now earning a lot of money. That’s why around 35% of affiliate marketers are between 35 to 44.
43. There are 54% of affiliate marketers are male, and 43% of affiliate marketers are female
Most people believe that affiliate marketers are usually. But that’s not true because around 43% of affiliate marketers are female.
43. Most of the affiliate marketers from the United States, precisely 57%
There are many affiliate marketers from the United States, and after that, Canada is on the second spot with 10% affiliate marketers. India is also not so far behind, and it has around 2% affiliate marketers.
45. 55% of affiliate marketers are married, and 34% of affiliate marketers are single
Many affiliate marketers like to work on their businesses with their partners. That’s why around 55% of affiliate marketers are married, and 34% of affiliate marketers are still single.
46. 54.28% of the time, affiliate marketers work from home, and around 19.21% of the time they work from an office
Affiliate marketing is a business that does not explicitly need a place to work from. You can start your affiliate marketing journey from your home.
47. Only 10% of affiliate marketers bring 90% of revenue for an affiliate program
It is easy to get affiliate approvals from different merchants. But not everyone can bring in sales. That’s why only 10% of affiliate marketers bring 90% of revenue for an affiliate program.
48. 50% of Affiliate marketers choose to be paid through direct payment methods
Once you start bringing in sales for businesses as an affiliate marketer, you start making money for yourself as well. There are many ways to get your affiliate commissions, but almost 50% of affiliate marketers choose to be paid through direct payment methods.
49. Website load time impacts the revenue of a website
Most marketers believe that if their website’s load time is not optimized, then it affects their affiliate earnings, and that is true. If a website takes a lot of time to load, the user will immediately retract from it. That means you lose a potential lead.
50. 47% of visitors want a website to load within 2 seconds
The speed of a website impacts a lot, and if it takes a lot of time, then you will lose your potential customer. That’s why 47% of visitors believe that the optimal time to load is two seconds.
Conclusion: Affiliate Marketing Statistics
The affiliate marketing industry is becoming famous rapidly. Every day almost hundreds of affiliate marketers are launching their websites in the hope of earning through affiliate marketing. Starting an affiliate venture is easy, but you’ll need to put in a lot of effort to start earning money from it.
I hope this post on affiliate marketing statistics helps you start your affiliate marketing journey. Let me know your thoughts on affiliate marketing in the comment section below.
- Saas Scout
- Get Cake
- Rakuten Advertising
- Neil Patel
- Worldwide Cyber Cash
- Google Trends
- Business Insider
- Fetch Profits
- Elementor Pro Discount Code 2023 — Get Upto 50% OFF (Live) - November 21, 2023
- Elementor Black Friday 2023: Claim Upto 50% Discount (LIVE) - November 21, 2023
- Jungle Scout Coupon & Discount Code 2023 – 81% Off (AUG) - August 1, 2023